GPS… Navigate your Path to Graduation!
Are you a returning college student who needs some extra support to reach your graduation goal?
Then, GPS may be able to help!
What is GPS?
Graduation Positioning Strategy (GPS) is an exciting new program at Gloucester County College. GPS combines financial incentives with support services to encourage and assist GPS Scholars on the path to completing their Associate’s degree. Returning to college can be challenging and this program is designed to support returning students as they navigate a path to graduation!
How does GPS provide support to returning students?
To help GPS Scholars to successfully navigate their educational experience, all students will have access to the following support services:
- Education Navigator: The Education Navigator is the key contact person who works with GPS Scholars to create personalized Navigation Plans. The Education Navigator helps GPS Scholars to access the services they need to be successful as returning college students.
- Navigation Plan: The Navigation Plan serves as a guide that specifies what courses the GPS Scholars will take each semester and includes a projected graduation date. Students work with the Education Navigator to develop Navigation Plans that meet their unique needs.
- Mentor: GPS Scholars are matched with mentors based on their academic plans and interests. The mentor serves as an additional point of contact that can help with questions specific to the student’s area of study. GPS Scholars meet with their mentors each semester.
- Online Learning Community: The online learning community is a space for GPS Scholars to interact with each other and the Education Navigator. This is the place to go for additional resources and notices of upcoming events.
|GPS Student Spotlight
|After taking a brief hiatus from college, Dawn Richartz enrolled in GCC's GPS program and completed her associate degree in 2013. This fall, Dawn will return to the campus, this time as a GCC nursing student.
In addition GPS Scholars may be eligible for the following financial incentives:
- Book vouchers
- Financial assistance to purchase school supplies
- Waivers to cover college fees
- Childcare vouchers
Who is eligible to participate in GPS?
If you answer yes to all of these questions, you may be eligible for GPS!
- Are you a NJ resident over the age of 20?
- Did you already complete more than 30 college credits toward a degree?
- Did you leave your last college with a GPA of 2.0 or higher?
- Did you attend college between 2002 and 2011?
- Would you like to earn a GCC degree?
I think I’m eligible and I want to find out more! What should I do?
Contact the Education Navigator, Jeff Burns
by clicking HERE or by calling (856) 415-2102.
Click HERE to make an appointment
The contents of this webpage were developed under a grant from the United States Department of Education (USDOE). However, these contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the USDOE, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.