Where can I get test content information to prepare for the test?
DSST : www.getcollegecredit.com
When can I take the test?
CLEP and DSST testing are available Monday through Friday between 10 am and 2 pm at the GCC Testing Center.
Is the test a paper and pencil test or computerized?
The test is a computerized test.
Do I have to pay for the test?
- Yes, there is a $25.00 fee payable to the testing center.
- Plus a credit card payment: CLEP $80.00, DSST $80.00 made to the test company by computer once you sit down to test.
How long is the test?
Both CLEP and DSST are approximately 90 minutes long (1 ½ hours.)
How do I register for the test?
Call the Testing Center (415-2268) to make an appointment for the test.
What do I need to bring when I take the test?
- photo ID and another form of ID
- Credit card
- Leave the cell phone in the car
- The name of the test you want to take
How do I get my results?
Results are available immediately following the test except for CLEP College Composition Test.
Can I retake the test?
Both CLEP and DSST can be retaken after a 6 month waiting period.
How does my school get the results?
When you take the test, the registration portion asks where you want your scores sent and the test report is mailed to the school you indicated.