- How can I be exempt from taking the placement test?
Effective April 2, 2012 students who have achieved the following test scores qualify for an exemption from that portion of the placement test. Please provide the admissions office with a copy of the following test scores for tests taken after April 1995:
- SAT: 500 Critical Reading and/or 500 Math or
- PSAT: 50 Critical Reading and/or 50 Math or
- Why do we need to take the test?
The test is given to acquire a current assessment of your basic skills.
- What is on the test?
GCC uses the Accuplacer® Placement Test developed by the CollegeBoard® company. It assesses your skills in Reading Writing and Mathematics.
- When can I take the test?
The test is available continually throughout the year. Check the calendar on our web site homepage for up to date scheduling.
- Do I have to pay for the Placement test?
No, there is no fee for admitted GCC students.
- How long is the test?
The test is not timed, allow a 2 hour time period to complete the test.
- How do I schedule to take the test?
Click HERE to schedule an appointment or call the Testing Center at 415-2268.
- What do I need to bring when I take the test?
On test day please bring:
- GCC ID number A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- Photo ID (License,etc.)
- Remember to leave your cell phone in the car.
- How do I get my results?
Your results will be available immediately upon completion of the test.
- Can I retake the test?
Students have the option to retake any of the sections one time. This is called a “Challenge” test and costs $10 for each section.
- How can I prepare for the test?
You can visit the sample questions at:
- Accuplacer Sample Questions
- Accuplacer Practice Tests - Free Sample
- Test Prep Review
- A A A Math
- Khan Academy