Students planning to transfer to a four-year institution are encouraged to contact the Career and Academic Planning (CAP) Center. With proper advanced transfer research and timely consultation with CAP Center personnel, the Transfer Counselor assists students to strategize their pursuit of post-GCC educational goals, and thus minimize concerns about loss of community college credits.
the guidelines below will help you maximize transfer of your credits.
Checklist for a Smooth Transfer Process
- First things first . . . do some research!
- Decide on a transfer-oriented major at GCC.
- Once you have found your major:
• Use NJ TRANSFER (njtransfer.org), and/or other
Internet sources to find possible transfer schools.
• Determine which degree option at GCC will
maximize your transfer objective.
- Once you have decided on possible colleges to which
you can transfer, consult the catalogs and Web sites
from these schools and possibly plan to visit the schools
- If applicable, and after the checklist is complete, call
The CAP Center (856-464-5228) for an appointment
to confer with the Transfer counselor.
- Bring checklist and other research material pertaining
to your college search to your appointment.
- Once you have decided on which institution(s) to apply,
have a current or final GCC transcript sent to the
admissions office at the chosen school(s). A $5 fee
is charged for each transcript sent.