The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) program is a state-sponsored program that provides academic and financial support to students who demonstrate the need for assistance in both of these areas.
The EOF provides a maximum grant award up to $1050 for the academic year.
- Must be a NJ resident for 12 consecutive months
- Must meet the EOF Income Guidelines
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Must be a first-generation college student
- Must demonstrate the need for academic support and/or basic skills courses
- Must register for at least 12 credits (full time) per semester
- Must enroll in a degree or certificate program that is at least one academic year in duration and required minimum 24 credits
- Must supply an academic transcript from each college previously attended
- Must not be in default of a student loan and must not owe a financial aid grant back to the state or federal government
- Must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
- Must submit a completed EOF Transfer-In Form with a copy of unofficial transcript from previously attended institution