Office of Technology Mission and Purpose Statement
The Office of Technology will provide the highest quality technology-based services in the most cost-effective manner to facilitate Gloucester County College’s mission as it applies to the management of the institution, teaching, learning and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the College through planning, programming, training, consulting and other support activities.
- Provide effective technology support for educational technologies, audio and visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video and web based applications and services to all areas of the college.
- Administer, develop, train and support end users of the College’s Learning Management System known as eLearning.
- Develop, enhance and manage the College's enterprise data network to provide high speed, transparent and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure and innovative enterprise information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Provide capabilities to develop and manage communications through broadcast or narrowcast using telecommunication technologies, software, the web and social media.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution by supporting exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provide fast, easy and reliable access to all information systems.