Note: Your computer must have Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) installed.
- Right-click the Wireless Network icon in the taskbar, and choose View Available Wireless Networks:
- In the left column under Related Tasks, click Change the order of preferred networks. The Wireless Network Connection Properties window will open to the Wireless Networks tab:
- Click the Add... button located under Preferred networks.
- The Wireless network properties window opens to the Association tab:
- In the Network name (SSID) field, enter GCC.
- Set the Network Authentication to WPA2.
- Set the Data encryption to AES.
- Click the Authentication tab:
- In the EAP type drop-down menu, select Protected EAP (PEAP).
- Uncheck Authenticate as computer when computer information is available.
- Click the Properties button.
- Check Validate server certificate.
- Leave the Connect to these servers box unchecked.
- In the list of Trusted Root Certification Authorities, locate and check UTN-USER First-Hardware.
- From the Select Authentication Method drop-down menu, select Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP-v2).
- Check Enable Fast Reconnect.
- Click Configure...
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any):
- Click OK to close all remaining windows. Note: If you are prompted to Validate Server Certificate, click OK.
- When you are next in range of a wireless access point, you will be prompted to Enter Credentials. Enter the following data, and click OK:
In the taskbar below, there will be a pop up bubble. Click this bubble and accept the certificate.
- User name: <your username>
- Password: <your password>
- Logon domain: gcc.gccnj.edu