Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Step 4 Step 5
Applying to GCC: Get started at GCC - Five important steps to success!
- Step 1: How to Apply
The first step is to submit an official application for admission. Click here to complete the online application (application fee is waived). Or print off and complete the paper application and mail or bring to: Office of Admissions, 1400 Tanyard Rd., Sewell, NJ 08080
- Step 2: College Placement Test
GCC requires every student to take a placement test to assess current skill levels in reading, writing and mathematics. Your test results are used for academic advising and program planning to help you get the most out of your college education. All freshmen are placed in classes based on their placement test results. Results of the writing, math and reading components of the test determine placement in either college-level or developmental courses. Click here for more information on the placement test including criteria for exemption, sample test problems or to schedule the placement test.
- Step 3: Official copy of your high school transcript or GED
You will need to have your official high school transcript or GED sent to GCC or bring them with you if you do not have a college degree. Have your official transcript sent to: Office of Enrollment Services, Gloucester County College, 1400 Tanyard Road, Sewell, NJ 08080.
- Step 4: Register for classes (this is same information on the registration page)
GCC offers 2 ways for new students to register for classes
- In-person (Open) Registration: New students must attend Open Registration in the Student Services building in order to register for classes until they have earned 16-college level credits at GCC. Click Open Registration for dates and times. The following is needed in order to register for classes:
- Bring a valid Photo ID (Driver's License, High School ID, etc).
- Obtain your GCC Username & Password from the Information Center.
- Obtain your Registration PIN number from an advisor.
You will need to present a valid Photo ID (Driver's License, High School ID, or GCC Student ID) during this process. It is also recommended that you bring any other documents (SAT scores, college transcripts if you have attended another college, etc.) and a pen. Once you have registered for classes you will be able to print your class schedule and a Registration Fee Assessment (Tuition & Fees Bill).
- Mail-in registration is only available to part-time students. Please click HERE to view a list of mail-in forms.
- Step 5: Payment and Financial Aid Information
- Financial Aid
Financial aid includes grants, loans, scholarships
and work-study. Financial aid consideration is available
for full-time and part-time GCC students. To apply
for financial aid, you must file a Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA and other
required applications are available at the information
center in the Student Services building.
The Office of Financial Aid has computer workstations available for prospective students to file the FAFSA online. Students using the system can take advantage of the professional advice GCC staffers can offer and will receive eligibility results immediately. The Office of Financial Aid is open to students. No appointment is necessary. Call 856-468-5000,
Ext. 2210 for more information.
- Payment Plan
Information is available online. The fee for the plan is $40, due with the first
payment and is not refundable. Students must enroll through their GCC Portal account and all payments must be made electronically. Contact the Business Office at 856-415-2226 with any questions.