- GCC's Student Veterans Organization Open to GCC current, prospective or alumni students who have honorably served in the military (or are family members of someone who has or is still serving). For more information contact the Club Officers. Visit us on Facebook.
- Gloucester County Veterans Affairs
- Veteran’s Administration
The Veteran’s Administration offers services and benefits including healthcare, vocational training, disability assistance and life insurance that former military can access viawww.va.govor by calling 1-800-827-1000.
- Those still in the military and National Guard can access information about services through MilitaryOneSource.com or 1-800-342-9647. It is a 24 hour/7 days a week clearinghouse that can assist military members, their spouses and families with issues such as housing and moving, federal tax preparation, navigating healthcare, and education scholarships for military spouses and children.
“GIVE AN HOUR” AND OTHER COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES
A network of mental health professionals nationwide donate an hour of their time each week to provide free mental health services to military personnel and their families.
- The federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Agency (SAMHSA) 24-Hour Toll-Free Treatment Referral Helpline 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357) can assist people in accessing care for substance abuse and alcohol use issues.
- SAMHSA maintains a websit eto help connect returning military and their families to local services. Several groups created by and for returning military and their families can also provide support and services.
TRAGEDY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR SURVIVORS (TAPS)
TAPS provides ongoing emotional help, hope and healing to all who are grieving the death of a loved one in military service to America, regardless of relationship to the deceased, geography or circumstance of the death. TAPS provides peer-based support, crisis care, casualty casework assistance and grief and trauma resources 24 hours/7 days a week at 800-959-TAPS (8277).
*This is a partial list only and not intended as an endorsement of facilities. Please consult Yellow Pages under Alcoholism or Drug Abuse and Addiction for additional resources.